Thank you so much for supporting Market Forces’ campaigns as a monthly donor. You give us the support and confidence we need to win campaigns shifting finance and investment out of dirty fossil fuels, accelerating the switch to a renewable energy-powered future!
We have made some changes to the way we receive your monthly donations to streamline our donations system, which came into effect on 1 July 2022. As a result of these changes:
- Your current monthly donation stopped processing on 30 June.
- Future monthly donations made via the Market Forces website will not be tax-deductible.
Previously, you could support Market Forces’ campaign work by donating to Friends of the Earth Australia on our website. Market Forces remains an affiliate member of Friends of the Earth Australia, and you will receive a receipt for your tax-deductible donations in the 2021/22 financial year from Friends of the Earth in early July.
However, from now on donations made via the Market Forces website will be made directly to Market Forces. These donations will not be tax-deductible as Market Forces does not have “Deductible Gift Recipient” status.
By choosing to continue donating to Market Forces, 100% of your donations will go towards our campaigns to stop damaging fossil fuel projects.
What does this mean for your monthly donation?
You can continue your vital support to Market Forces by using the form on this page to set up a new monthly donation to replace the one we have cancelled.
- After submitting the form, your next donation will be made immediately, and subsequent donations will be made once a month after this.
- These donations will be 100% managed by Market Forces, and will no longer be tax deductible.
- Your pre-existing monthly donation was cancelled on 30 June. You should have received a receipt for your tax-deductible donations in the 2021/22 financial year from Friends of the Earth Australia in early July.
We would love to be able to continue campaigning with your support. If you can still back our campaigns, please use the form on this page to continue your monthly donation. All of the donations we receive will go directly to our campaigns to stop environmentally damaging projects.
Please use the form below to continue your monthly donation to Market Forces:
We appreciate that not everyone will be able to continue donating the same amount or at all once donations made via the Market Forces website are no longer tax-deductible. If you are unable to continue your monthly donation, we understand and just ask that you let us know by emailing us at [email protected]. Once you’ve done that we won’t ask again.
Market Forces needs to grow its scale and impact. As a small, independent group, we rely heavily on the generous support of our monthly donors. We don’t accept any money from governments, big corporations or any company that would compromise our work. Your donations make our work possible, and lead to massive wins like:
- All four major Australian banks committing to having no thermal coal exposure by 2030
- Superannuation funds worth almost a trillion dollars divesting from thermal coal companies,
- All of Australia’s general insurers committing to no longer insure new thermal coal projects and eliminate underwriting exposure to thermal coal by 2030 or sooner,
- All three of Singapore’s major banks, as well as Standard Chartered and HSBC, committing to no longer finance new coal power stations anywhere in the world,
- 100+ companies refusing to work with or finance Adani’s mega Carmichael coal mine
- Major companies held accountable at their annual general meetings over issues of climate risk, and most importantly,
- An informed and empowered community aligning their personal finances with their environmental values.
It has taken nearly ten years to build up our amazing community of monthly donors who support our work and we are very hopeful that with your support we can continue to accelerate the pace of change away from polluting fossil fuels and towards a renewable-energy powered society.
All of our previous successes were made possible by our donors, as well as what we will achieve next! If you can continue to support our work driving finance out of dirty fossil fuels, please let us know by continuing your monthly donation using the form on this page.